|Added to catalog on:||7.9.2022|
In 1941. the German Siebel Si-204A service and medical aircraft was built. Its development was the version from 1943. designated Si-204D, used as a training aircraft. Its production was carried out at the AERO and CKD PRAGA plants in German-occupied Czechoslovakia. After liberation, production under the changed designation C-3 continued in 1945-49. At that time, 179 aircraft were built. AERO C-3 planes, popularly called Sibly, were also used to fight forest pests, crush ice on the Danube, and as experimental planes, e.g. M-21 star engines were tested on them. In the mid-1950s, they were used by the SVAZARM aero club to train pilots and parachutists. The plane was an all-metal low-wing low-wing with double vertical tail. Main landing gear retracted in flight to the engine nacelle. The aircraft was equipped with two M-411 12-cylinder engines (Argus As-411) with 580 HP, air-cooled. C-3A version; with dual controls, used in the post-war period to train pilots on multi-engine airplanes. The C-3B version was intended for the training of bomber crews, adapted to carry bombs or other loads in the bomb bay in the fuselage and on 2 bomb launchers. Bomb sight wz. 45 was installed in place of the right tiller. At first glance, this version differed from the C-3A thanks to the presence of a turret with a machine gun wz. 131, the same rifle was installed on the right side of the fuselage. It was possible to install more rifles of this type under the cockpit floor.
Mistake in the description? Report problem